Wednesday 19 November 2014

November 19

Dear November 19,

How do you do?

I have tried to forget you since March 8, when we celebrated the womenfolk. But somehow, you have stubbornly stuck in my subconscious.

I am a little bit double minded about how to approach you. Should I be formal? Or should I make myself familiar? Especially, since this peice is not just about you. It is also about those men who grace the world. 

Males who continously stand for truth, justice and love.
Males who are courageous enough to uphold their beliefs even when the
rest of the world seem to be going crazy.

My utmost respect goes to my biological father. Who I also have the rare privilege of having as my first spiritual father- Rev. Christopher O. Anoke. The husband of one wife, a believer in the One true living God. A shepherd indeed, a father to many.
Humble and caring, with a huge sense of humor. "I love you, Daddy".

Men of God, shaping lives and moulding destinies. Many I have met physically, many more, I haven't. However, their voices have helped direct my choices. Bishops T. D. Jakes, Paul Nwachukwu, Papa David Oyedepo, Big Daddy Mike Okonkwo, Pa Adeboye, Pst. Chris. Oyakhilohme, Bill Hybels, Myles Munroe (R.I.P., Sir), Pst. Sam Adeyemi, Pst. Paul Adefarasin, Fela Durotoye, Pst. Femi Adejumo, PK, Pst. Kunle Soriyan- "thank you", for helping me and leading me on the path to unravel the mysteries in God's word. Thank you for making me realise the bliss in Christianity. Thank you for explaining the place of purpose and the purpose of each place as I journey through life.

My pastor, Rev Ayodeji Kolade Cole, of blessed memory. Though you are gone, I know you are looking down from that higher realm. I promise to make you proud. Always.

Pastor Chris E. Ebadan- my daddy's name sake- you are an inspiration.

Rev. Ejike Monwuba- my father's son who is also my father thus making my father to also be my grandfather. Don't worry, I can't figure it out either.

Max Lucado, as far as I am concerned, you are in a distinct class of your own. May God continually smile on you.

To the two Franklins in my life (at least from a distance *winks*) Kirk and Edwards. I sincerely celebrate the grace of God upon your lives. Sonnie Badu and Nathaniel Bassey, I should also be allowed to say "I love you". (Smiles)

My brothers, Mike and Agoziem, one-of-a-kind intelligent gentlemen. You guys are wonderful. My brother from another mother- Billy JC. Double Twale for you Bro, your swagg's tight and you are truly the best. My brother-in-law, "Uncle" Sam. I respect you, Sir.

All the men in Glory homecell of TREM Vision House, Abuja, especially Stanley N, Weje.

To all those males who have been my friends, especially- Baba Ameco (for challenging my mind); Manuel (no regrets knowing You); Belema (we had our issues, but I'm sure we both came out better. Thanks for expanding my world); Dickson- my only POP *winks*. Nyero, a special friend indeed. 

Alex "TyvFunny", Chibuikem, Olusola, Kehinde "K'Bams", Martial, Azubuike "Zuby", my favourite celebs, Ayobami and Henry, "manager" VOK, Dimeji "Pilot1", words fail me. From the bottom of my heart, I appreciate you guys.

All my male neighbours, classmates, course mates and colleagues through the years, my current boss, Mr Bolaji  and the "Team Leadership of life" Mr Awosika, "ese gaaan" for making 'Success' a better female.

Gentlemen of Team Kaizen. A million thanks to all of you for the beauty of the past two years and for the continued partnership of the countless years ahead.

My Dear Special One, it is a joy knowing we would be a team. A present day two-third of that three-cord-rope that can never be broken.

Thank you:
For being the perfect gentleman. 
For respecting my body and recognising my intellect.
For guarding my trust and honouring my pride.
For building me spiritually and for praying for me.
For helping us find a middle ground even when I respond with 'emotional Greek' to your rational English.
For being not just a friend but also a priest.
For not being too manly to cry, sharing my tears on gloomy days and making me see the brighter side.
For halving my pains and doubling my joys.

To boys, teens and men, the world over, being sons, grandsons, nephews, fiancés, husbands, fathers, grandfathers, fathers-in-law and friends. I greet you all this special day. I pray for you too. That you will have
the courage to be real men. 

Men who will command respect just by being, and not having to demand it by bullying. 
Men who will protect their partners (in heart and pocket matters) and place a premium on trust.
Men who would take decisions from above and not from below.
Men whose words would be as good as the husky baritone in which they are uttered and worth more than any papers they may be written on.
Men of wisdom, men of insight.
Men who would not hesistate to say the truth at all seasons.
Men who would not sell their birthrights for a mess of pottage.
Men who would be willing to rise from the ashes of whatever mistakes may have burnt up their pasts and fan with amend the embers of cold passion into a blazing light of purpose.
Men who would face their demons squarely and by so doing give their children hope for a brighter future.
Men who are optimistic enough to look into tomorrow, yet are realistic enough to learn from yesterday.
Men who belive in God.
Men who believe in themselves.
Men who believe in life.
Men who are men indeed.

PS: This was originally written on 19-11-2012 and was published as a note on facebook. However, this version has been edited.

You may also wish to visit https://m.facebook.com/notes/success-anoke/november-19/4567629042112/?refid=21 for the original article.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment